I used to use ink from Lamy. But it’s not waterproof. And it dries in an extremely slow speed.
So I decide to select a new brand.
I did some research and asked my friend: Sengxian for advice.
Finally I chose three types of ink to take a test:
- SAILOR: Black
- Noodler’s Ink: Black
- Noodler’s Ink: X-Feather
Due to time limitation, I used 3 different pens to write. And here’s the order:
- Lamy Joy- EF (for SAILOR: Black)
- Lamy Studio – EF (for Noodler’s Ink: Black)
- Lamy Safari – F (for Noodler’s Ink: X-Feather)
And here’s the original writing:
Sweep through after 10s after writing:
Cover with my highlighter:
And here’s the conclusion:
- As for Noodler’s Ink: Black, it dries a little bit slower than SAILOR, and it fades more than SAILOR. But it’s cheaper than SAILOR.
- As for Noodler’s Ink: X-Feather, it dries much much much slower than others. And this disadvantage makes it out directly.
- As for SAILOR: Black, it performs better than Noodler’s Ink. But after drying, its color turns out to be a little bit grey.
- As for UB-150-38: it performs the best. But it’s a Gel Pen. And its ink can’t be used for a Fountain Pen.
In a nutshell, I think SAILOR: Black is the best choice and I bought one.
It looks very delicate, isn’t it?
I’ve been using it for three day. And it works great fine!
By the way, here’s another ink: DE ATRAMENTIS – Document Ink. It’s said that it works even better than SAILOR in the aspect of speed of drying. But it’s too expensive that I can’t afford.
In addition, here’re two posts about ink and I find it very useful: